Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hans Christian Andersen, The Movie


After watching the notoriously creepy, "The Storyteller," I remembered one of my favorite movies as a child. "Hans Christian Andersen," with Danny Kaye in the title role, is a fabulous introduction into his timeless fairytales, interwoven with songs and a stage performance of "The Little Mermaid." This feature was nominated for five Academy Awards in 1952, including a nod for Best Picture (Musical or Comedy) and Best Song. I remember begging my grandmother to put in the tape, so I could sing "Thumbellina" and "Wonderful Copenhagen" again and again. Whether you have children, or still feel like a kid at heart, I urge you to see this movie. Here is the link to the original movie trailer and other info: http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/21437/Hans-Christian-Andersen/trailers

No comments: