Monday, December 8, 2008

Dreams



Typically I dream every night and I can usually remember them when I wake up. But since Dr. Sexson demanded, assigned even, us to each have a dream we could remember I haven't had one that didn't disappear upon waking up. How's that for the power of suggestion? As a child I had recurring nightmares where I could hear someone walking up the stairs to my room and when he opened the door I saw that it was none other than... Michael Jackson??? Now remember, I was born in 1981, I LOVED Michael and in 1985 Thriller was huge and scary. Especially Vincent Price's laughing...I would hear it in my dreams.

Could I have known something that everyone else didn't; that he was a pedophile or at the very least had a bizarre attachment to children. This may have been Alice's feelings towards Dodgson as she grew older. His books were huge and scary, and Alice must have felt a little uncomfortable as she grew older being one of his special "child friends." This could be why she stopped seeing him and never answered his letters, because after the novelty of his attention wore off she could see his true intentions? Maybe her dreams got the best of her too, I know I stopped listening to Jackson when he started showing up in my dreams!

No comments: